Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Go to Hell!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
       I love these red chinos. They have an office wear vibe but I have a lot of fun dressing them up or down according to the occasion. The color is more vibrant than it appears in the photo and is more of a red as opposed to orange. I paired these pants with an equally vibrant blue top because I was aiming for contrasting colors. Blue and Orange look really good together because they are on opposite sides of the color wheel and are complimentary colors. I pulled the scarf on because I thought it tied the outfit together while creating more interest.

       Let's talk about the fit of these pants for a minute. When I bought them last summer, I was a little shorter and slimmer so these pants were looser and reached just above my ankles. They were my first "go to hell pants". "Go to Hell Pants" are any sort of chinos that expose your ankles and look like you have outgrown them. You can't wear them with socks because it defeats their boyish charm and suggestion of rebellion.  These pants just scream "I'm too cool to care".

      This is one of my more casual outfits for hanging out with friends or going shopping. It's very practical and can compensate for the slight temperature changes that are so common in spring because of the pants and the scarf.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment