Thursday, May 16, 2013

Warm to Cold

 It's prom season! I already had my prom but I know a few of you have yet to have your big day. I thought you guys could use a few ideas and a little in inspiration in deciding what you want your prom dress to look like. These dresses are on a scale from a warm peach/pink to a dark blue (I took Studio Art 1 this year and I am having color scale withdrawal).
 
Dress
                                 You can find this dress at parisciel.com


Dress
You can find this dress at peachesboutique.com

 
Gown
You can find this dress at offbeatbride.com

 
Beaded chiffon prom dress green/blue mix color special design long prom dresses/formal occasion dress/evening gown/cocktail dress
                                    You can find this dress and the one below it at etsy.com

 
Custom 2013 New Handmade Cheap Blue One shoulder Beaded Chiffon Floor Length Formal Long Prom/Evening/Party/Bridesmaid/Cocktail Dress Gown

   
       I really appreciate the uniqueness and simple elegance of these particular dresses and I think each of them would work on a variety of skin tones and body types.

       Two weekends ago was my senior prom. It was at the Hilton Hotel in University City. I thought you guys would appreciate a peek at what I wore though I happened to be missing the ultimate prom dress accessory, a date. :(  I got my dress at a store called Windsor at the Jersey Gardens Mall. I didn't want to accept that it was the prom dress for me when I tried it on because I was already debating between two dresses at another store, Group USA, which I really recommend for a variety of dress styles. I bought it because my family and even strangers insisted that it looked smashing on me.  However, I don't suggest that any of you buy your dress out of peer pressure because I hated mine for the few weeks leading up to prom. Fortunately, I realized what a pretty dress it was after my hair and make up was done, which makes me think that my prior feelings towards it were born of simple pre-prom jitters.

     As you can see, my dress is a mauve color with a high beaded neckline, cutout sides, and a lace up back. My shoes are from Forever21 and were featured in a previous post titled pretty in pink.




No comments:

Post a Comment